– location: Situated in the middle od the Troplong Mondot Vineyards. Nice.
– character and atmosphere: Stunning dining room with large wooden tables. Eclectic range of music from soft guitar to rap.
– style and comfort: Mix of barn with chic modern.
– table and glassware: Very good.
– other guests:: French and Yanks.
– ambience rating (1 to 5 thumbs up/down)
– reception: Friendly.
– floor staff (knowledge and presentation of food, attention to details and awareness of guests): Fun and friendly. It took 15+ minutes to get and pay the bill.
– sommelier, maitre’d, chef, manager: Nope.
– service rating (1 to 5 thumbs up/down)
– bread: Basic.
– presentation; Well-presented by staff
– creativity: Very.
– taste: Huge
– smell: Huge
– execution: Perfect
– food rating (1 to 5 thumbs up/down)
Amuse bouche White tuna tartar with fennel sauce, avocado and cream. Excellent!!!
Tuna tartare with cucumber and sesame. WOW! Texture of tuna outstanding. Sesame offers great flavor. OMYG
Iberico pork. Splendid! Exceptional.
Trout. Outf*+kingstanding. Chef knows his fish. Très yummy!
Strawberries galore. Stunning.
Chocolate crazy. Outstanding.
Wine list gives descriptions of some of Bordeaux’s beat wineries.
– selection: Excellent for their own wine . Very good Bordeaux. Good for rest of France.
– variety: Same
– value: Reasonable
– wine rating (1 to 5 thumbs up/down)
Mondot 2010 St Emilion Grand Cru. 40% Merlot, 60% Cab Sav. Very good. Second wine of Chateau. Easy to drink, smooth.
Chateau Troplong Mondot 2011 St Emilion Premier Grand Cru Classe. 90% Merlot, 8% Cab Sav, 2% Cab Franc. Young, but excellent. Tannins need to soften.
Chateau Troplong Mondot 2006 St Emilion Premier Grand Cru Classe. 90% Merlot, 8% Cab Sav, 2% Cab Franc. Very powerful, stronger tannins, good finish.
Chateau Troplong Mondot 2002 St Emilion Grand Cru Classe. 90% Merlot, 8% Cab Sav, 2% Cab Franc. Elegant with soft tannins, subtle fruit.
– type of cuisine: French.
– dress code: Casual.
Les Belles Perdrix de Tropolong-Mondot ￼￼￼￼￼
Chef David Charrier
Château Troplong Mondot 33 330 Saint-Emilion